What do you remember happened in Nioro? Tell us what you know, no matter how little it is. For example, Alkali Iya Bah was the first person born in the village. This is the kind of stories we need.
- 1950 Nioro was established.
- 1963 The Sey Kunda families migrated from Nioro to Sare Bittaye a village in Casamance .
- 1979 Student started attending class under a tent, a year later it was a built.
- 1980 Nioro got a its primary school.
- 1986 A storm hit the village, destroying many homes.
- 1986 Nioro had its borehole, the first in the Lower River Region.
- 1994 Nioro got its first telephone connection.
- 1995 The people of Nioro stopped using a fuel generator, and started using a new solar power to pump water from the borehole.
- 1995 The school was upgraded to Upper Basic School.
- 2010/2011 Academic year, the school was also upgraded to Senior Secondary School commonly known as High School
- 2012 The Lower Basic School got moved to the opposite site of the school and a new construction block of storey building was built. This first of its kind in the village and the district.